Tuesday 5 June 2012

For the love of ... Words


A blog post dedicated to words by this new blogger obsessed with them. 

I've always been a big reader. My childhood was spent with my head in a book, or I'd be out playing - reenacting my very own fairytale or the one I'd just read. This love I've brought right through into my adult life. This past year I have devoured some amazing novels, fairytales, short stories and poems. I've always kept my criticism and my opinions to myself but since I'm trying out this blog loving, why not put up 'Books' to my many loves I wish to share with the Blog world? 

My most recent reads of 2012 have include:
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - Rebecca SklootThe Enchantment of Lily Dahl - Siri HustvedtThe Illumination - Kevin BrockheimerEverything is Illuminated - Jonathon Safran FoerExtremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathon Safran Foer
I have also re-read my all time favourites, which I'm sure quite a few fellow bookworms do often, too. 

Today I only had a half day at work - with it being the last day of the 4 day weekend, in honour of the Queen. So I got in my little red car and indulged in some book shopping. I managed to come away with just 2 new books - pretty restrained! I plan on downloading a third onto my kindle tonight.
My next reads have been high on my To-Read pile for what seems like forever, and payday always seems to make me much more adventurous when it comes to taking the plunge with purchases. More so than the week before payday, anyway. 

So the three books that I will devour will be:
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel JoyceThe Book Thief - Markus ZusakThe Help - Kathryn Stockett
Let's see how these bad boys pan out ... No doubt I'll keep you updated as I trundle through pages of each story in between shifts, adventures and work outs (Mission Skinny for Summer is a go-go!)

I hope you all enjoyed the lovely four day holiday - for all those stopping by from the UK, and for the rest of the world, I hope you enjoyed seeing our celebrations, which I'm pretty sure you did. 

Lots of love and happy hi's!

H xoxo

PS. I know there are some pretty strong opinions on the Kindle Vs. Book debate and I've expressed my opinion on the matter in a previous Tumblr post. I'll post a revised post on the topic pretty soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment